Earth: Radical Acts of Love
The element of earth is all about the physical world. This means everything you can touch; your body, your space, your things, your money.
1. NOURISH Some of the best things you can do for yourself and your loved ones is to cook simple, gentle foods. Think broths with veggies. Think mushrooms. Think salads and 3-ingredient tacos. Pull out your old cook books, make something you love that you never have time to make.
2. GROUND What is grounding? It’s simply connecting yourself to the earth’s energy. Reminding yourself you are a teeny tiny piece of this wide and wondrous planet.
Ground Anywhere - by closing your eyes and imagining a root from wherever your body is touching the floor/carpet/ground, piercing through the foundation of the building and through the crust of the earth, through the many layers of rock, all the way to the fire-y hot core. Tap into that fire and brilliance. Bring the energy of the earth back up through your root and into your body, into your heart.
Ground Outside - when you go outside, try to find a place where you can tought the earth and you feel comfortable. Try lying on the earth, or take your shoes and socks off and feel the earth on the souls of your feet. Spelling intended.
3. GARDEN If you have space to touch the earth outside, you might want to consider planting some seeds. Lettuce and kale are both delicious, easy to grow greens that thrive in our bioregion. Cilantro adds a kick and calendula brings a pop of color to any dish.
4. ORGANIZE your time. If you are working from home you might want to spend some time thinking about how you want to schedule your day. Go for a run in the morning? Take a bike ride when you get off? Walk at lunch time? Nap? Shower? Food prep? Meditation? Prayer? Since you set the tempo, don’t forget to take breaks.
5. HERBS to support the physical (earth) body are supporting the immune system. Here are some easy to find, preventative measures:
Garlic - chop up a clove and eat one clove a day with a spoonful of honey. super good for you! may give you zombie-repelling breath.
Ginger - chop up a chunk and add to a pot of water. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 15 mins. Strain and enjoy as tea.
Cayenne - Boil water, add lemon and cayenne. Sip cautiously.
Thyme - fresh or dry, add to your tea for an immune boosting tea that also supports the lungs.